Considering a Divorce Lawyer? Here’s What You Need to Know
We’ve all grown accustomed to the proverbial axiom surrounding modern marriages – about 50% of unions are bound to end in divorce – but if you take a closer look at the hard numbers, you’ll see a much clearer picture:
- Approximately three out of every 10 first marriages end in divorce.
- Almost two-thirds of second marriages are dissolved within the first six years.
- Nearly three out of every four third marriages are destined to fail within the first 36 months.
- For every two couples that get married in today’s day and age, approximately one couple decides to file for divorce.
- The divorce rate in the UK is actually at its lowest point in 40 years due in large part to the financial and lifestyle trepidations associated with a separation.
- More than 50% of soon-to-be divorced couples are completely uninformed about the fees and expenses associated with legal proceedings, alimony payments, and child support arrangements.
As such, contemporary divorce lawyers represent an integral resource nowadays, especially when taking into account the complicated codifications and intricate precedents set forth by our nation’s judicial system. So if you’ve notice a marked increase in antagonistic arguments, combative quarrels, and incessant threats of separation within your household, it’s in your best interest to implement a failsafe plan to account for the worst-case scenario.
How Can a Professional Divorce Attorney Help?
The concept of divorce is an unsavoury, objectionable topic, but if you partner with a reputable team of divorce lawyers in London, you’ll gain immediate access to a knowledgeable panel of professionals that can help normalise the entire process:
- Explaining and clarifying your potential grounds for divorce.
- Delivering impartial, objective legal counselling.
- Determining appropriate spousal support arrangements.
- Accounting for all of your marital assets, possessions, joint accounts, and properties.
- Delineating workable property division plans.
- Protecting your children and identifying suitable custody agreements.
- Formulating prudent debt repayment schedules.
- Completing all paperwork, documentation, and form-filling requirements.
Most importantly, however, a distinguished lawyer will often be able to decrease the amount of animosity, stress, and anxiety within your situation by facilitating amicable mediations and arbitrations before things get out of hand. These dextrous professionals understand the importance of your family and they will coalesce as many resources as possible to ensure a good-natured discussion irrespective of your unique scenario.
How Can I Find a Trustworthy Lawyer?
Regardless of the current state of your marriage or your feelings towards the concept of divorce, you’ll want to make sure that your law firm of choice can tout the following traits and characteristics:
- Time-tested, locally renowned reputation for providing familial legal services
- Comprehensive case evaluations and in-court representation
- Several local offices for easy access
- Member of the Law Society’s Children Panel
- Accredited by the Resolution Association
- Long-standing member of the Family Law Panel
- In-house Higher Court Advocate
With a seasoned team of legal experts by your side, you’ll be able to mitigate complications, safeguard your family, and identify a viable course of action to account for your distinctive situation, so be sure to schedule your introductory consultation as soon as possible.